Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

American CPA or Tax Attorney

Q: I am a US citizen in the final stages of getting my 3 british children to USA and as part of the next process the immigration are asking for my tax return however I missed the deadline and did not manage to complete it, can I still go ahead with the application or can I continue without this. I am living in UK at the moment and I also need to complete an affidavit of support, would it speed up the process if I appoint someone else who has completed their tax return and have them be an affidavit of support.

A: As a US citizen petitioner, you have to submit an affidavit of support for the people you petition for. You might be able to find an additional sponsor, so called joint sponsor. However, having a joint sponsor still requires you, a petitioner, to submit your own affidavit, copies of the tax returns or explanation as to why you were not required by law to file taxes if applicable. Missing the deadline to file tax returns is not an acceptable excuse. You need to talk to an American CPA or Tax Attorney.

No comments:

Post a Comment