Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Affidavit of support

 
Thank you for your speedy response, however we have already had a lengthy wait, it is 8 years this year and we are on our final stages, can I appoint someone else to complete the affidavit of support even though I am the petitioner? Also would it be a quicker process if I get married in US or doesn't it make any difference? My marital status will of course change, would this slower my adult children's process of getting out there??

Thanks for any further advice you can give.

Karen

--- In mailto:immigrationforum%40yahoogroups.com, "Luba, Immigration Attorney" <lubasmal@...> wrote:
>
> I think that you should probably consult a U.S. immigration attorney before starting an immigration process for a fiance/husband, two adult children and one minor child. Also, you should determine if any or all of your children can derive citizenship through you instead of petitioning for their residency. Otherwise, your adult children will face a long immigration process.
>
> Yes, a sponsor is required to establish domicile in the United States, and a U.S. citizen residing abroad is generally required to file tax returns in USA every year.
>
> All the best,
>
> Luba.
> Immigration Attorney.
>
> Note: This response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesn't create an attorney-client relationship; it's not an advertisement. For more information or to schedule a consultation please visit http://www.law-visa-usa.com/contact_us.html or email at Attorney @ law-visa-usa.com.
>
>
> --- In mailto:immigrationforum%40yahoogroups.com, "Karen" <karen_liz2@> wrote:
> >
> > I am a US citizen and am in the process of completing my application to bring my children (28, 26 and 7 years old) to the States, I live in UK waiting for the green light and have just about got the funds (around $25,000) to be able to do this. I am the petitioner and need to complete 'affidavit of support' but have read that I need to be residing in the US to be able to complete this, does anyone know if this is true?! I have not filed a tax return and the immigration wants a copy of this!!!! I wish I had employed a lawyer, this is frying my brains.
> >
>
__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
< Yahoo Immigration Forum: Please visit our website http://www.law-visa-usa.com/contact_us.html . >
MARKETPLACE
Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.
.

__,_._,___

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information about this through your blog site.It was very helpful to me.Thanks a lot for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Affidavit of support is a legal contract between someone who is applying for the adjustment of status, and your sponsor. This contract is necessary to be provided with your application to the USCIS. It ascertains that you have adequate means to support you financially and would not become a public charge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are planning to move to the US having an affidavit of support signed by your family or sponsor is necessary. It is very important for your visa application to the US and must be signed by a US citizen or a green card holder. It will proved that they will be the one's to sponsor your stay in the country.

    ReplyDelete