Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Marraige with green card

Q: I am an indian girl. My husband is a US green card holder stayed in US for 2 years. We are getting married in India and will file for my GC so I can join my husband.

I was rejected US student visa twice. How long it takes to get my green card? Any quick (short time) for the process? If I go to canada as student and file for green card will this expediate the process?
 
Also If the green card is filed and after 3 years my husband becomes a US citizen, will this speed up my GC process? if yes by how much time ?



A: Currently, in this visa category (a spouse of a lawful permanent resident) it takes about 3.5-4 years.

Yes, if he naturalizes and becomes a U.S. citizen, it will speed up the immigration process. A spouse of a US citizen will have a visa number immediately available. It takes a couple of months to process the case through the NVC and the US consulate after approval of the husband's petition by the USCIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment